This website is controlled and operated by the Bakelite Synthetics group (“Bakelite”) with global headquarters at 1040 Crown Pointe Parkway, Suite 250, Atlanta, GA 30338.
Information Collection and Use
Whenever you browse the Site, Bakelite’s web server will temporarily log each access to its log file. Through this process, Bakelite will collect and store the below data until they are deleted in accordance with statutory requirements:
- IP address of requesting system
- Time and date of access
- Name and URL of the data accessed on our web server
- Transferred data volume
- Confirmation whether download was successful
- Header information identifying the requesting browser and operating system
Bakelite processes this data only to the extent required for the purposes of providing access to the content of the Site and to secure and administer Bakelite’s system. The IP address will only be analyzed in case of security incidents on Bakelite’s systems.
If you chose to use the online job search program, you will be asked to provide additional information about yourself that is required as part of the application process, such as your address and other contact information, your educational history, or your work history. The members of our Human Resources staff will review and process your application, and the information you provide may become part of your personnel file if you accept a job at Bakelite. Even if you do not accept a job, the information you provide may also be kept on file for purposes of identifying future employment opportunities for you at Bakelite, subject to your prior consent.
To ensure a good user experience, our Site uses system cookies that contain a unique number, your ‘session ID’, which allows our server to recognize your computer and ‘remember’ what you’ve done on the Site. The benefits of these are:
- You only need to log in once if you’re navigating secure areas of the Site
- You are able to use interactive elements of the Site, such as forms
- Our server can distinguish between your computer and other users, so you can see the information that you have requested.